Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We've been miles away...

but now I'm home!

So I've been home for awhile now. Nearly 7 weeks actually. I got to meet my nephew, Luke Arthur Duxbury and my niece is absolutely beautiful and growing so quickly. It's a lot of fun. I turned 21 and started dating one of my best friends--who is hands down one of the greatest guys I know. Since I live at home now, I get to see my parents all the time which is fabulous. I've been able to spend time with high school friends and catch up with some friends from ASU as well. I've jumped back into YL and have slowly gotten back into my girls' lives - my favorite part of my life. I got to take some kids up to Lost Canyon this past weekend so they could do work crew--serve food for over 400 campers! Pretty stressful, but always so much fun. It's great to be able to serve kids food during their weekend of possibly hearing about Christ for the first time. It's great to be able to be involved in His work in that way.

I got a new job at a place called S.E.E.K. AZ I am going to be a habilitation provider...which means I will work in the home/community of a child with special needs and help them with certain developmental goals and tasks. It's what I want to do with the rest of my life, so I'm super super excited about it.

So far, it's rough being back in school. I really really want to be back in Australia where I didn't have to do much school....ever. I do love being home though - only because of the people...I no longer love Arizona. Well I better get back to paying attention in stats...ugh.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Lauren! I was so happy to discover today that you have another blog up and running! Congratulations about your new job! We're so excited for you! Hope we can see you soon. Love ya!