Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fifteen

This morning on my way to school, I was listening to Taylor Swift's extremely cliche song Fifteen. As cheesy as this song is, it entirely reminds me of 8-10th grade and how I felt about life then. For instance the lyrics:
Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday
But I realized some bigger dreams of mine
Thank goodness I had a father who always reminded me there was more to life than boys. It's something I really wish I could help my Young Life girls understand--there is a much bigger, better world outside of high school. Thank goodness for that. Freakin' Mountain View. (that was my high school).

It's interesting thinking about the next year of my life because I most likely won't be in Arizona after next year (at least for a few years). I'm feeling the need to fit all of these things in and really focus on building myself as a person and in my faith and all of that. It's a fun idea, actually. I'm not 100% sure of what that looks like yet, but I have a lot of little and big decisions to make in the next little while to make it all work out.

Easter was fun. I did children's ministry at Praxis for the morning service and basically held two chunkers in my arms all morning (I volunteer in the nursery) and my arms are still sore. Moms must get great arms and upper body strength. Good grief. It was fun though. I actually love the chaos kids bring.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Washington here we come