Monday, April 20, 2009

a new week.

For the first time in awhile, I feel like I'm starting fresh with my week. That may be due to the fact that I did little to no homework this weekend...or just a new perspective on things. I'm feeling very optimistic and choosing to stay that way.

Today I made a play-doh skateboard and a paper cut-and-paste castle with one of my kiddos. This one is particularly frustrating and non-compliant, but today was our BEST day yet! I designed this choice schedule where he picks his activity and then picks his reinforcer and it works out SO SO well. Even with him being sick today, we went form task to task with very little anger or freak out. It was SO encouraging.

Moral of the story: I'm excited about life. I have so many ideas of fun things I can begin and work on and everything. For example: cake decorating class this summer with my sister, finally working on (and eventually finishing) my senior year of HS scrapbook, running more often, ect. I'm going to set up an awesome schedule for myself. I cannot wait. But for now, back to work!

No comments: